The Music Club exists to promote and encourage the cause of Music in particular and the Arts in general.
It provides members with regular meetings of a cultural, educational and social nature, thereby creating
a forum for discussion and free exchange of opinion.
Regular visits are arranged to concerts, recitals, operas, dinners and theatrical events in London.
In addition, visits are arranged to places of historical and artistic interest in and near London.
Further afield in the UK, we have visited Cardiff, the Buxton Festival, Aldeburgh, and Eastbourne (for a weekend
featuring Sir John Tomlinson).
For many years overseas visits have been a primary activity of the Club and these have included Copenhagen,
Dresden, Paris, Budapest, Tallinn to name a few. These tours have been arranged at a considerably lower price
than similar trips arranged by commercial organisations.
The Music Club's competition for young musicians takes place this coming weekend (Friday 22 & Saturday 23 September)...
- 20 September 2017 The list of events in the MCL's calendar has been updated.
- 19 September 2017 Brian Suitters announces his pre-Christmas trip to Gothenburg. The record
of other overseas trips has been updated.
- 19 September 2017 Edition 258 of Harmony is now available online and some of the gaps in the
online editions have now been filled.
- 20 June 2017 Edition 257 of Harmony is now available online and the forthcoming events for July to September are now listed,
plus a few later events including the Christmas dinner.
- 20 June 2017 Email addresses for the Committee members have been updated.
- 7 May 2017 Please note that a revised application form for the young musicians competition has replaced the original.
- 23 April 2017 A new competition for young musicians is announced. Competitors must be at least 10 and under 30 years old.
The competition will take place on 22 and 23 September 2017 at St Botolph's Church Hall, Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3TL.
Please download here for details including an application form.
- 2 April 2017 Please note that there has been heavy demand for tickets for the weekend about
"Culture and the Third Reich". This event may sell out and it may therefore not be possible to buy
tickets on the door.
- 9 March 2017 Apologies for the recent lack of information on the website. As a result of nefarious activities the site
became impossible to update. The website has been reconstituted as it was before and we will be gradually bringing the information
up to date.
The first page to be updated relates to the UK events; others will follow in due course